What does carelessness mean? Why is it not efficient?
Saving on your utility bill depends completely on your level of care. Unnecessary consumption in homes and businesses is due to the fact that people are not taking into account any measures to avoid that. Thus, when it comes to lighting, you are easily going to throw money away.
Measures to consume less energy in lighting, hence be more efficient:
- Embracing natural light as much as possible, since often we use lights unnecessarily.
- Turning off the lights in rooms you are not using.
- Installing motion detectors with light control systems in circulation areas.
- A good tip if you haven’t already implemented it is replacing incandescent light bulbs with energy-saving ones.
- Adapting the level of lighting to the needs of each moment and room, which is done with the installation of regulators. That is to say, we don’t need high-power light bulbs installed in all rooms, because some rooms have more natural light that others.
- Replacing fluorescent lamps with LEDs.
- Installing automatic control systems using twilight control devices in case you have outdoor lighting systems.
It is said that being energy efficient is a matter of cost. However, nowadays, energy efficiency is a matter of intelligence: managing your consumption, recognising your errors, fixing them and keeping in control of the actions implemented. Basically, avoiding carelessness and being more efficient.
We provide a solution to keep track of electrical consumption, offering DEXCell Energy Manager to all types of buildings, using monitoring to manage and save energy.
This software will help you maximise visibility of energy management with flexible and customisable dashboards, as well as tracking the energy efficiency projects across your sites. Furthermore, the software is able to accurately compare the energy data from different facilities and at different times. Once you start using the system you will receive reports to show overall consumption and cost performance (not just for electricity, but also for gas and water). These detailed reports are constructed with the intention to be understood by everybody in your company and be able to draw conclusions out of it.
Finally, another smart application of the software consists of notifying the user via email or SMS with alerts if something goes wrong or you are not achieving your energy saving targets.
In particular, regarding electricity consumption, there are other complementary tools for saving energy that can help you program different levels of lighting and automatically control the lighting systems.
If you want to save electricity by yourself, other measures you can think of are related to appliances, for instance, unplugging them when they are not in use, since they still use energy even though they are switched off. A quick solution is having an extension lead with a switch that will allow you to ‘unplug’ all your devices with a click, without actually unplugging them. Besides this, replacing old appliances with new more efficient ones may save energy. As a final tip, there is always room for reducing your reliance on appliances, like using the air conditioning and hot water less frequently.
Now you know why carelessness is not efficient whatsoever when managing energy in buildings, so you can start controlling your consumption and saving energy. One of the most efficient ways to do that is by using an Energy Management Software.