On International Women’s Day we want to inspire and encourage all women to share their dreams, hopes and passion. Today, the women of DEXMA have a very special message for our fellow #WomenInEnergy everywhere…
Today, International Women’s Day, the women of DEXMA join the #BeBoldForChange campaign by sharing their passion, experience and advice by answering three important questions for women in tech & STEM:
- Why did you become an engineer?
- What’s the most exciting part of working in the energy industry?
- What advice would you give to women pursuing STEM or technological careers?
Turn the subtitles on and join us: #BeBoldForChange!
In Their Own Words: #WomenInEnergy Speak Up
Here are some of our favourite quotes from the #WomenInEnergy at DEXMA:
“I became an engineer because it’s the most practical way of making an impact.”
– Laura Martinez, R&D Project Manager
“Never underestimate your capacity to learn. Go for it, take risks!”
– Nicole Harper, Content Manager
“Even though I’m not in direct contact with the technical part of energy management as an administrative assistant, I love the idea of helping others save energy for a greener planet.”
– Raluca Chirita, Administrative Assistant
“Change the feeling of being the only woman to being the first. More will come later, you’re just the first one there!”
– María Fernández, Marketing Manager
“I love that we make an impact creating sustainable companies by generating energy savings.”
– Mª Carmen Flores, Financial Controller
“Become an engineer! We need women in our profession, we need to fix the mistakes men made in the past ;)”
– Irene Šimić, Customer Success Manager
“Don’t overthink it if you feel discriminated against. You’re better than them!”
– Pinelopi Spyropoulou, Product Associate
From all of us at DEXMA, thank you to all the present and future #WomenInEnergy. We also want to thank our male colleagues for their support and encouragement in our struggle for equality.
Although we are already a quite few #WomenInEnergy on the DEXMA team, there’s always room for a few more 😉 If you are an up and coming energy professional, get in touch!